[vtkusers] VTK linking errors

Gishara Indeewarie gish.777 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:57:23 EDT 2012

Hi Dashan,
I am linking all the libs ,bin and include directories as well. I am
getting linking errors as below now:

>vtkCommon.lib(vtkCommon.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: float * __thiscall
vtkFloatArray::WritePointer(int,int)" (?WritePointer at vtkFloatArray
@@QAEPAMHH at Z) already defined in cad.lib(postprocess_mg.obj)

1>vtkFiltering.lib(vtkFiltering.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class
vtkCellData * __thiscall vtkDataSet::GetCellData(void)"
(?GetCellData at vtkDataSet@@QAEPAVvtkCellData@@XZ) already defined in
cad.lib(postprocess_mg.obj)

1>vtkFiltering.lib(vtkFiltering.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class
vtkPointData * __thiscall vtkDataSet::GetPointData(void)"
(?GetPointData at vtkDataSet@@QAEPAVvtkPointData@@XZ) already defined in
cad.lib(postprocess_mg.obj)

1>   Creating library Debug/AxCent.lib and object Debug/AxCent.exp
1>vtkMDIView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol
?DrawDC at vtkMFCWindow@@QAEXPAVCDC@@@Z (public: void __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::DrawDC(class CDC *)) imported in function "protected: virtual
void __thiscall CvtkMDIView::OnDraw(class CDC *)" (?OnDraw at CvtkMDIView
@@MAEXPAVCDC@@@Z)

1>vtkPBFEAView.obj : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol
?DrawDC at vtkMFCWindow@@QAEXPAVCDC@@@Z (public: void __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::DrawDC(class CDC *)) imported

1>vtkMDIView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??0vtkMFCWindow@
@QAE at PAVCWnd@@@Z (public: __thiscall vtkMFCWindow::vtkMFCWindow(class CWnd
*)) imported in function "public: void __thiscall
vtkMDIViewImpl::initialize(class CvtkMDIView *)" (?initialize at vtkMDIViewImpl
@@QAEXPAVCvtkMDIView@@@Z)
1>vtkPBFEAView.obj : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol
??0vtkMFCWindow@@QAE at PAVCWnd@@@Z (public: __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::vtkMFCWindow(class CWnd *)) imported

1>vtkMDIView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??1vtkMFCWindow@
@UAE at XZ (public: virtual __thiscall vtkMFCWindow::~vtkMFCWindow(void))
imported in function "public: virtual void * __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GvtkMFCWindow@
@UAEPAXI at Z)

1>vtkPBFEAView.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol
??1vtkMFCWindow@@UAE at XZ (public: virtual __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::~vtkMFCWindow(void)) imported in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkPBFEAViewImpl::GetNumberStressSections(class
vtkUnstructuredGrid *)" (?GetNumberStressSections at vtkPBFEAViewImpl
@@QAEHPAVvtkUnstructuredGrid@@@Z)

1>vtkMFCWindow.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) const vtkMFCWindow::`vftable'"
(__imp_??_7vtkMFCWindow@@6B@) referenced in function "public: __thiscall
vtkMFCWindow::vtkMFCWindow(class CWnd *)" (??0vtkMFCWindow@@QAE at PAVCWnd@@@Z)

Please help me. Thanks.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Darshan Pai <darshanpai at gmail.com> wrote:

> maybe you are missing vtkREndering.lib
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Gishara Indeewarie <gish.777 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi David, Thanks for the reply.
>> I have added all the libraries in project properties page,under
>>  Linker->input->additional dependencies
>> I am using visual studio 2008, MFC, and I am not using cmake list.
>> Thanks again.

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Gish