[vtkusers] widget controls

Luke Hetrick lhetrick at nnu.edu
Mon Jul 2 13:10:14 EDT 2012

Hello All,

   Is it possible to switch the controls for a widget from the mouse to the
keyboard? I am trying to use the vtkAngleWidget to work on a 3D data set
and I can work with the widget but the mouse is controlling not only the
widget but also my camera location and this makes it difficult to move
about and set the anglewidget in the location that I want/need. Is there
some way to make the widget controls be keyboard based instead of mouse
based? That would free up the mouse so it would only take care of the
camera view and then I could place the widget using a key from the keyboard
instead of a mouse click.

Luke H