[vtkusers] Vertex color with arbitrary range

Thomas Koletschka thomas.koletschka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 00:06:17 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have an additive levelling function which has the purpose of smoothing
out seams between different parts of texture on my mesh. So for each vertex
I have a value between say -255 and +255 and I need to interpolate those
values for each face (that's what I want to use vtk/opengl for) and then
add the generated levelling texture to the original texture.
So my question is, is there a way in vtk to use color values outside the
[0,255] range without scaling or clipping them and render the scene to a 16
or 32bit buffer?

Thanks,
Thomas