[vtkusers] VtkUnstructuredGrid SetOpacity

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jan 25 18:26:01 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Bhanu Hariharan <bhanu at petrotel.com> wrote:

> David, Thanks for replying.
>
> When I flip, I see blue AGAIN. Is that what you expect with the external
> surface rendering logic you explained?
>
> What is not clear is even if there are 2 surfaces, shouldnt I be seeing a
> blend of blue and green?
> And shouldnt it be same whether I see from top or flipped?

That is what I was trying to figure out. I suspect you see only blue
because those are the first polygons rendered in the object. Correctly
rendering translucent geometry is order dependent and VTK doesn't do depth
sorting automatically (since it takes time). Try enabling depth peeling. If
your graphics card doesn't support depth peeling use vtkDepthSortPolyData.
You should then see a blueish green object and that should be bluer or
greener depending on what is nearer. However you still won't see anything
on the inside.

Bhanu