[vtkusers] Image on vtkImagePlaneWidget looks darker than in vtkImageViewer2

Marco Sambin m.sambin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:44:27 EST 2012

Hi all.

I am implementing a MPR medical application, and I am using
vtkImagePlaneWidget for the "3D view" of my volume, and a
vtkImageViewer2 to view the resliced image in 2D. The input of my
vtkImageViewer2 is set to "planeWidget.GetResliceOutput()". Also, I
set the same window width and window level on both my
vtkImagePlaneWidget and vtkImageViewer2.

Nevertheless, the image looks considerably darker on the
vtkImagePlaneWidget w.r.t. the vtkImageViewer2. By comparing with
other viewers showing the same image at the same Window/Level, I would
say vtkImageViewer2 is displaying the image "correctly", while
vtkImagePlaneWidget is displaying it too dark.

Can you suggest why?

I think VTK lighting could cause this effect, but is default lighting
different between vtkImagePlaneWidget and vtkImageViewer2?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Regards,

Marco