[vtkusers] VTK C++ : How to perform a velocity interpolation computation from a vtkMultiBlockDataSet with celldata?

Guillaume Jacquenot guillaume.jacquenot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:48:27 EST 2012

Well I am not familiar with programming with VTK framework.

My objective is to use velocity vector data contained at cell centers in a
vtkMultiBlockDataSet to build an instance of vtkInterpolateVelocityField,
and make request on that object to retrieve interpolated velocity vector
from user input point.

I came to the conclusion that I need first to transfer my cell-centered data
to point data with vtkCellDataToPointData, and pass the result to
vtkInterpolateVelocityField, but I don't know how to proceed.

I don't know how to explain my request at a "filter-like level".

All the examples I have looked at used the method GetOutputPort to export
the result of vtkCellDataToPointData to another vtkAlgorithm, but
vtkInterpolateVelocityField does not derived from a vtkAlgorithm.

I am looking for any hint to help me with this.

Best regards