[vtkusers] vtkAssembly -- Obtaining new coords after visual transformation

Ankit Khambhati akhambhati at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:44:00 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a collection of actors derived from CylinderSource arranged in a
grid like structure making up a single vtkAssembly.

Over the course of user interaction the assembly instance is re-oriented
and translated within the scene numerous times. Now I know that this
information is merely stored in some rendering pipeline within layers of
OpenGL. How can I access these accumulated transformations to ultimately
determine the resulting position of each cylinder actor.

I've been trying to go about this problem for a while now to no avail. I
tried to traverse the assembly instance and retrieve each underlying path
using GetNextPath, however it seems as though my assembly does not contain
any paths...

Thank you very much in advance!

Ankit