[vtkusers] seam around texture

Sebastien sebastien.calvi at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 11:38:23 EST 2012

Hello David,

Thank you for your past answer.

You wrote:
 Then your texture coordinates at the corners of your planes be set so
to 0.5/N (where N is the texture width) at let left and at (1.0 -
0.5/N) at the right.  Se each "seam" cuts a row of pixels down the
middle, and these seams should be invisible if your geometry is set
correctly.

How can I do that?
So far I use vtkPlaneSource to set my geometry and I have found out that
there is vtkTransformTextureCoords which seems to be a good filter to do
what you said but it has only SetScale(...), SetOrigin(...),
SetPosition(...) and AddPosition(...). How can I set these extra coords of
0.5/N?

If I keep insisting in that direction it is because I might (surely) have to
deal with BIG pictures, big pictures that I have to create myself, big
enough at least to consider having to tile them... And it might turn into a
commercial application (lets hope :D) so as long as the
vtkImageResliceMapper is not available from a standard release I can't
really use it :(