[vtkusers] BorderWidget behaves improperly after setting Position variables coordinates to World

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:44:08 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM, emreturkoz <emreturkoz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I encountered the same problem and while searching for an answer, found your
> thread. Could you find a solution?

I never got it to work. In fact, I realized that it only makes sense
in a special case. That case is if you are using something like
vtkInteractorStyleImage so that the camera stays perpendicular to a
plane in 3D and therefore the BorderWidget can live in a 3D plane and
still function as you'd expect. If you rotated the scene, I suppose
the border widget could stay in an identical place in the render
window, but it's interpretation would change - it would somehow
indicate an infinite rectangular prism. But what would the 3D
coordinates of the corners of the border of the BorderWidget actually
be?

That said, I still think it is very useful for the case that does make
sense. I believe Shashwath found a solution.  Shashwath, can you
comment? It'd be great for this fix to make it's way into VTK.

David