[vtkusers] WebGL 3D Viewer Demo

Sathish Kumar kingvsk at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 03:10:03 EST 2012

Hi Sebastien,

I already tested the dynamic construction of 3D models from the dicom files.
But it takes a lot of time to construct 3D and load. Currently am trying to
optimize the overall performance. It will be released soon.

Thanks,
Sathish

On Friday 06 January 2012 07:08 PM, Sathish Kumar wrote:
> Hi Sabastien,
>
> The models are precomputed from CT Dicom images using VTK and Java.
>
> Well. I already checked the ParaViewWeb. Thanks for the links.
>
> Another good library.http://voxelent.com/
>
> Thanks,
> Sathish
>
> On Friday 06 January 2012 06:22 PM, Sebastien Jourdain wrote:
>> Hi Sathish,
>>
>> Nice work !
>>
>> I was wondering if you took a chance to try ParaViewWeb with its WebGL
>> renderer ? I know that the technology underneath is slightly different
>> but I'd be really interested to get some feed back from you about your
>> experience and especially if your data is precomputed or if they are
>> generated at runtime ?
>>
>> If you are interested, you can give a look at some of our "WebGL
>> static export" done inside a ParaViewWeb sample application here:
>> -http://paraviewweb.kitware.com/PWApp/WebGL?name=mummy-state
>> -http://paraviewweb.kitware.com/PWApp/WebGL?name=Stream-state
>> -http://paraviewweb.kitware.com/PWApp/WebGL?name=technicalexpertise-state
>> -http://paraviewweb.kitware.com/PWApp/WebGL?name=Bunny-state
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Seb
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Sathish Kumar<kingvsk at aol.com>  wrote:
>>> One of the features planned for Oviyam-5 is to view 3D images from a DICOM
>>> series and without a plugin using WebGL. We've just taken the first steps
>>> towards reaching that goal.
>>>
>>> A technology preview with pre-rendered images is available at this link. Be
>>> patient while loading the 3D models, it may take few minutes to load.
>>>
>>> Technologies used: VTK, HTML5, WebGL, JSON, Javascript, JS-Unzip...
>>>
>>> Features:
>>> 1. Plugin-Free Design.
>>> 2. Supports all major modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari and
>>> Opera.(Use the latest versions available.The best performance is with Chrome
>>> and Firefox.
>>> 3. Supports IPhone, IPad and Android devices. However, due to the lack of
>>> memory, only the cube demo works at present
>>> 4. Load upto 36 MB of JSON 3D Data (Supports nearly 150 instances/slices).
>>> 5. Zoom In/Out Option.
>>> 6. Pan Option.
>>> 7. One click Axial, Coronal, Sagittal Views.
>>> 8. 2D Rotation.
>>> 9. 3D Rotation.
>>>
>>> Upcoming features:
>>> 1. Data Compression(Zip/Unzip) support for faster data transfer.
>>> 2. Support for Handheld devices.
>>> 3. Look-Up Table to get colour.