[vtkusers] Render a network

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 3 17:11:22 EST 2012

I'm thinking about using VTK to display and edit a 3D network, i.e. a collection
of nodes and links.  Think of it as a 3D pipe network, in which pipe diameters
vary (in fact it's a vascular network).  I am most interested in visualizing
network connectivity, therefore showing the diameters is desirable but not
essential.  The obvious way to represent a link is as a cylinder, but the number
of links in this network could make the interactor run slowly.  A wireframe
representation, on the other hand, is probably too minimal.  I would want to be
able to pick links to remove, and also to create links.

I'd be interested to hear of any experience others have had with something like
this.  Some code would be great, of course.  :-)

Gib