[vtkusers] vtkCommand calldata parameter of Execute()

Luke hazelnusse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:24:32 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Sebastien Jourdain
<sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:
> Then you are looking at the wrong side of the problem. Try to get and
> keep a reference of the object you are interested in and fetch the
> information that you need each time you get a callback (with no
> parameter).

I'm not sure what you mean.  Could you be more specific?

Is there a simple way you can modify [0] so that a pointer from main()
could be passed to vtkTimerCallback2::Execute() every time the timer
event occurs?  This is all I want to do but I am unclear on how to
register that pointer with the appropriate class.

Thanks,
~Luke

[0] -- http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Utilities/Animation