[vtkusers] about the vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper

Samu gaoxuanhui at foxmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:12:34 EST 2012

hi everyone,
        I'm trying to use vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.
Before I complied the vtk 5.8.0, I had installed the DirectX sdk(the Feb
2010 one), but I found it's still very slow.
        Then I tried to use the code in
vtk\Rendering\Testing\Cxx\TestGPUInfo.cxx to get the information of my vedio
card. It failed, I couldn't get the information. After debuged the code, I
found it failed to load the library "dxgi.dll". It failed in the code
vtkDirectXGPUInfoList::ProbeInfoWithDXGI, the LoadLibrary("dxgi.dll")
returns NULL. I found there was no dxgi.dll in c:\Windows\system32.
         Then I downloaded a copy of "dxgi.dll" to c:\windows\system32, but
it still failed, and had an error saying The procedure entry point could not
be located: _except_handler4_common in msvcrt.dll. Now I have no idea to fix
it. I just want to use vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.
ps:
I am using:
windows xp 32 bit
Nvidia Quadro fx 4600