[vtkusers] Unknown CMake command "VTK_WRAP_PYTHON"

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Feb 22 17:54:27 EST 2012

The wrapping is not a cmake command per se, but rather a top level
CMake macro that is the entry point into the wrapping infrastructure
that VTK's build system makes for itself. The short story is that the
infrastructure creates a wrapper executable that the macro uses to
parse specified c++ files and make python callable versions of the
classes in those files. The result is a set of shared libraries and
python modules that can be imported into a python interpreter.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive