[vtkusers] How to only display pixels within a threshold interval

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 08:56:50 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Xiaopeng Yang <yxp233 at postech.ac.kr> wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> How are you doing?
>
> I have a grayscale CT image. And I would like to display pixels within a
> threshold interval of the CT image. That means only pixels within that
> threshold interval are shown on the screen, while the remaining pixels that
> are out of that threshold interval are not shown on the screen. May I ask
> whether there is such a class in VTK that fulfills this task?

I think you'll want vtkImageThreshold:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageThreshold.html#details

Here is an example (it doesn't work actually, but it should get you
started. If you can fix it that would be a huge help):
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Images/ImageThreshold

David