[vtkusers] Drawing Heat Map / Contours

mandalin mandalin147 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:28:06 EST 2012

Greetings.

I have a 3d Geometry composed of a PolygonPolyData that has been
Triangularized for Plotting.

I also have locations (simply x, y, z coordinates) sampling the faceted
surface. Each surface point is associated with a value which I would like to
represent with a heat map color or contour.

Any suggestions regarding how I should Proceed ?

I have a tentative plan of subdividing each polygon into smaller pieces,
each centered around a sample, forming a grid aligned with the plane of the
polyon, and assigning each subdivision a color.Perhaps there is a
streamlined, higher level method within VTK.

Thanks in advance,
Amanda