[vtkusers] How to correctly represent a polygon

Paulo José Correia Bernardes pbernardes at uaum.uminho.pt
Wed Feb 15 17:48:28 EST 2012

Hi,

I’m a very inexperienced VTK-user and I’m facing a small problem.

I’m trying to represent an arbitrary polygon using VTKPolygon. First, I read
the 3D points from a .xyz file (each line is a 3D point). The points are
stored in an instance of vtkPoints and afterwards the polygon is constructed
using VTKPolygon.

However, the resulting polygon has some “strange” rendering effects, as you
can see in the attached jpg-file.

Can someone please explain me what I’m probably doing wrong and the correct
steps I should take?

Thank you very much!

Yours,

Paulo