[vtkusers] Creating different named dll's for debug and release - possible?

Jon Payne jpayne at hgl-dynamics.com
Tue Feb 14 05:05:07 EST 2012

On 13/02/2012 19:09, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Jon Payne<jpayne at hgl-dynamics.com>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> At when building VTK shared libraries (DLL's on windows specifically) the
>> debug and release mode dll's are given the same name. Does anyone know if it
>> is possible to give them different names e.g. add a _debug or _release
>> suffix?
>>
>> ...snip...
> ...snip...
Thanks you very much Marcus, John and Michael.

This is just the information I was after. It'll save us so much pain :)

[Part of the issue is to do with Borland C++ and it's package/component
system in the IDE, which if a component using VTK picks up the wrong DLL
will crash the IDE!]

Thank you all again,
Cheers,
Jon