[vtkusers] Creating different named dll's for debug and release - possible?

Jon Payne jpayne at hgl-dynamics.com
Mon Feb 13 07:26:09 EST 2012

Hi all,

At when building VTK shared libraries (DLL's on windows specifically)
the debug and release mode dll's are given the same name. Does anyone
know if it is possible to give them different names e.g. add a _debug or
_release suffix?

I know you can't _currently_ but is it possible using CMake? And if so
how? :)

This would really help us because at the moment when we're developing
(and deploying) and switching between debug/release mode the wrong
version of the DLL's can get loaded causing crashes and sometimes hard
to diagnose problems.

Thanks,
Jon Payne
HGL Dynamics Ltd