[vtkusers] Problem in reading more than 1000 files by vtk readers

Ahmad falahatpisheh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:53:56 EST 2012

Excellent catch. That fixed the problem of file handling. The thing is that
for some reason the rewinding does not work properly. it does not completely
rewound to the beginning of the file. Since my Tecplot file has comments in
the first few lines, the rewound position will be positioned in the middle
of the comments (in my case s->start=320 in gz_open function) and a lot of
errors will be printed on the screen indicating "unknown format found in the
file". This significantly slows down the reading of 1000 files. Can you
please help me with that?

The solution that I found is as follows which works fine for me. But I am
not sure if this reduce the generality of the library.

In gz_open function in gzio.c file, I found out that in my case
s->start=320. Can I have your opinion about setting this to s->start=0 to
completely rewind to the beginning of the file and not skip the header?

Or how about finding the current position in the file before rewinding and
use that in order to find how many positions needs to be rewound?

Please let me know.