[vtkusers] Problem in reading more than 1000 files by vtk readers

Ahmad falahatpisheh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:22:55 EST 2012

hi Dave,

Unfortunately, it did not help. I set a breakpoint on
*this->Internal->ASCIIStream.close()* and it is called every time in the
loop. This means that close function is executed. However, it does not
release the file handle. I am not sure if gzclose(this->file) releases the
file handle.

I also increased the maximum number of file handles and it now reads more
files. But this is only a temporary solution to this problem.

Please let me know of your thoughts.

Ahmad