[vtkusers] How to reduce number of cells by merging them?

emreturkoz emreturkoz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 08:03:54 EST 2012

Hi,

After image segmentation and extracting a polydata with a lot of cells, I'd
like to decrease the number of cells it contains while preseerving the
topology. I tried vtkDecimate sort of filters, but they "remove" the cells
which results with a limited amount of reduction when you want to preserve
topology.

It seams that a more seamless way would be decreasing the number of cells by
merging them. Is this possible to do with vtk?

Thanks,
Emre.