[vtkusers] query

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Feb 2 08:19:44 EST 2012

The glyph filter places a copy of some geometry, say a polygonal
representation of an arrow, at some or all of the points in it's input
data. If that arrow has say 31 points itself, then placing a copy of
that arrow at each one of your 1528 points will result in 47368 points
in the output.

The scaling mode controls how large the copies of the arrows are (and
which direction they point in). For example if your input is a weather
map, you might want larger arrows where the wind speed is high, and
you would want those arrows to point in the direction that the wind is
blowing.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer