[vtkusers] Question regarding polylines

Martijn Steenwijk martijnsteenwijk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:58:12 EST 2012

Dear all,

I wrote a little functo read *.trk files produced by DTK as vtkPolyLines in
vtkPolyData. This works pretty good, but I run into two problems:
1) Coloring of DTI data is usually performed by assigning the components of
the normal to the colorvector. ie, a line with normal (0,1,0) will be
colored green. Is there an easy way to compute per line-element the normal?
2) Second, suppose I have a vtkPolyData containing numerous vtkPolyLines.
How can I only extract/display those lines passing through a certain ROI /
vtkPlane / etc?

Thanks for suggestions in advance,
Best,
Martijn