[vtkusers] Tube Filter

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:22:50 EST 2012

I do not think there is vtk function which supports this, but it
should be relatively easy to do it since you know that
your geometry came through tube filter.
I assume you know how  pick the point on polydata ( tube ).

There are multiple ways to do it once you know it,
Easiest which comes to my mind is adding 3 scalars representing  XYZ
of each vertex to original polydata.
Clicking on the filtered geometry you can always find cell clicked and
compute value of such scalars at the point you clicked.
It means you know XYZ of original point.

Alex