[vtkusers] Mac/VTK/Qt problems

bberkowi benjamin-berkowitz at uiowa.edu
Fri Dec 21 13:18:26 EST 2012

I realize this thread is old, but I'm having problems building the examples
also.  I'm using Mac 10.8 with Qt 4.8.4 and VTK 5.10.  When I run make, I
get the following error:

Linking CXX executable
EventQtSlotConnect.app/Contents/MacOS/EventQtSlotConnect
  "QVTKWidget::QVTKWidget(QWidget*, QFlags<Qt::WindowType>)", referenced
from:
      Ui_EventQtSlotConnect::setupUi(QMainWindow*) in
EventQtSlotConnect.cxx.o
  "vtkEventQtSlotConnect::New()", referenced from:
      vtkSmartPointer<vtkEventQtSlotConnect>::New() in
EventQtSlotConnect.cxx.o
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make[2]: *** [EventQtSlotConnect.app/Contents/MacOS/EventQtSlotConnect]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/EventQtSlotConnect.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is this an issue with VTK or do I maybe have something installed
incorrectly?