[vtkusers] wrap java on Mac Air

Ilan ilan.tal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:02:12 EST 2012

Thanks for you reply which very much helped. The first thing I did was throw
everything to the Trash and start fresh. BTW I couldn't get a new CMake
2.8.10. All I can do is go to the Apps store and see what is available -
this looks like the equivalent of the repository in Ubuntu. So I stayed with
CMake 2.8-9.
Likewise the Mac doesn't recognize ccmake in the terminal. Even though I
installed the Unix tools under Xcode it seems that not everything is
actually there.
Your suggestions on what to check and uncheck were worth gold. For example I
don't think I had BUILD_SHARE_LIBS checked, which I clearly need to do. It
was nice to get rid of BUILD_DOCUMENTATION, BUILD_EXAMPLES and BUILD_TESTING
- I want the simplest thing I can get.
None of the VTK_Group entries appear in CMake so I couldn't do anything
about them, but it did compile and generate.
Then I went to Xcode and for about 20 minutes it compiled away. Finally it
hit vtkRenderingJava and there the build came to a grinding halt with 20
errors. I looked at the modules and it isn't obvious what is wrong, but I
have no interest in debugging vtk source code.
If only I could find a precompiled version I would just use that and be done
with it. For the moment I am stuck trying to figure out what Xcode finds
offensive.