[vtkusers] wrap java on Mac Air

Ilan ilan.tal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 03:26:18 EST 2012

I have a Mac Air OSX 10.8.2 with Xcode 4.5.2 which I am trying to wrap VTK so
I can use it within a Java program. This works on both Linux and Windows and
I want to extend it to the Mac.
I use CMake 2.8.9 to Configure and Generate. I get the message that Filter
ZLIB is ON which I assume is perfectly OK. Then I use Xcode on VTK.xcodeproj
which tries to compile the project. I get errors like
Run custom shell script 'CMake PostBuild Rules' where
CMakeScripts/vtkWrapJava_postBuildPhase.makeDebug doesn't exist.
This is indeed correct, so such file by that name exists. So how do I get
around the problem? How do I tell it that I don't want a post build?
Another problem: can anyone tell me where I should expect to see the
compiled files? Clearly within vtkBuild, but what subdirectory?

Thanks,
Ilan