[vtkusers] vtk nightly build options for multiprocessor usage

Johannes Strecha j.strecha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:02:58 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I compiled vtk-sources from the git repository. I observed that vtk5.8 from
the debian repository uses 4 cores to render an image but doesn't use the
GPU (vtkRenderWindow.isDirect shows 0). My own build uses the GPU but only
one CPU-core.

What options do I have to set to use 4 cores? I already enabled some
mpi-related options, but not mrmpi (because there seems to be an error in
the makefiles, some source-files are not found - at least that was the case
three weeks ago when I last built vtk).

Kind regards,
Johannes Strecha.