[vtkusers] Static Link VTK

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:17:47 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can tell you that I have never used static Qt with my static vtk
> because the open source Qt license prohibits you from compiling Qt
> statically. Well at least it did the last time I checked.
>
> John

It is not a problem if you own a commercial license.
And even in case of LGPL it this is not true.,
You could provide your object files, if you do not want to provide source code.
All point in restricting is to allow user to be able to update Qt to
newer version.

As for me I find this restriction stupid, cause even upgrading
compiler will result in fail to link the code.
But this should be discussed at <interest at qt-project.org> instead of
this forum, not here.

Alex