[vtkusers] Rotate VTK Volume in OffScreenRendering Mode.

abhishek abhishek at meddiff.com
Wed Dec 5 23:56:18 EST 2012

Hello Users,I am writing a program which performs off screen volume rendering
and export the visible plane as PNG image using vtkWindowToImageFilter and
vtkPNGWriter.This works for the initial plane. Now, i want to animate the
volume by rotating it by 1 degree along x-axis every second. For this, I am
using /RotateX/ method available in vtkVolume. But, I am not able to export
rotated frame as PNG image.Any idea, on how can i solve my problem.Here's
the VTK Pipeline being used:1. vtkDicomImageReader --> Reads DICOM dataset2.
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper --> Output of vtkDicomImageReader is set as
input.3. vtkColorTransferFunction, vtkPiecewiseFunction, vtkVolumeProperty4.
vtkVolume --> Assign vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper as volume's mapper5.
vtkRenderer --> Add volume to renderer6. vtkRendererWindow --> Add renderer
to window, set renderer window for OffScreenRendering7.
vtkWindowToImageFilter --> Set renderer window as input.8. vtkPNGWriter -->
Set output port from Win2Img filter as input and write output to a
PNG.RegardsAbhishek.