[vtkusers] something wrong when I using vtkTableBasedClipDataSet.

gongweixue gongweixue at sina.com
Wed Dec 5 03:58:18 EST 2012

hi,all
i want to show the data on the screen ,and to seem like been exploded in pieces,like a cake been cut in several times and split with each other.
so i use some clipper like vtkClipPolyData, vtkClipDataSet and vtkGenericClip.
but when i clipped a polydata with these clipper, colors on the actor is not right, some white thing on it. So is this the bug of the vtkClipDataSet when clipping a PolyData?

so I used vtkTableBasedClipDataSet. And yeah, the color is right.
But, when I use the GenerateClippedOn(), and invoke the GetClippedOutPut(), there is nothing.
So, can anybody tell me, how to get the clipped Output and make the color right when clip a vtkDataSet.
And why the vtkTableBasedClipDataSet's ClippedOutput has nothing?

Thanks!!!