[vtkusers] vtkImageShrink3D

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:12:11 EST 2012

Hi Rodrigo,

The shrink factor must be an integer.  A block of input voxels are
combined together to create each output voxel.  You can select
whether the output voxel is set to mean, median, maximum, or
minimum of the input voxels.  Or, you can use AveragingOff() to
simply decimate the image (i.e. to use nearest-neighbor).

For VTK 5.10, I wrote a replacement called vtkImageResize.
This new filter will, by default, perform band-limited sinc interpolation
on the image.  In other words, it will blur the image just enough
to avoid aliasing artifacts, which minimizes the data loss.

 - David