[vtkusers] QVTKWidget2 window flickered

septem septem.wu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:34:26 EDT 2012

I wrote a simple test app.

import sys
import PyQt4.QtCore as QtCore
import PyQt4.QtGui as QtGui
import PyQt4.QtOpenGL as QtOpenGL

def createGLStackedWindow():
    stacked = QtGui.QStackedWidget()

    widget1 = QtGui.QWidget()
    layout1 = QtGui.QGridLayout()
    layout1.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),0,0)
    layout1.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),0,1)
    layout1.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),0,2)
    widget1.setLayout(layout1)

    widget2 = QtGui.QWidget()
    layout2 = QtGui.QGridLayout()
    layout2.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),0,0)
    widget2.setLayout(layout2)

    widget3 = QtGui.QWidget()
    layout3 = QtGui.QGridLayout()
    layout3.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),0,0)
    layout3.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),0,1)
    layout3.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),1,0)
    layout3.addWidget(QtOpenGL.QGLWidget(),1,1)
    widget3.setLayout(layout3)

    stacked.addWidget(widget1)
    stacked.addWidget(widget2)
    stacked.addWidget(widget3)

    return stacked

def createMainWindow():
    wnd = QtGui.QWidget()

    layout = QtGui.QVBoxLayout()

    combobox = QtGui.QComboBox()
    stacked = createGLStackedWindow()

    for x in range(stacked.count()):
        combobox.addItem(str(x))

    layout.addWidget(combobox)
    layout.addWidget(stacked)

    QtCore.QObject.connect(combobox,
QtCore.SIGNAL('currentIndexChanged(int)'),stacked.setCurrentIndex)

    wnd.setLayout(layout)

    return wnd

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
    wnd = createMainWindow()
    wnd.show()
    app.exec_()

And QGLWidget is flickering when Aero is on.
There is no flickering when Aero is off.
Maybe it is not only a Qt bug, but also a VTK bug...
Thank you.

Clinton Stimpson wrote