[vtkusers] Allocation Errors

Jean-Hugues Royer jhroyer at joher.com
Wed Aug 29 14:13:50 EDT 2012

Hi,

On some computers when we load DICOM images using vtkDICOMImageReader we
get this allocation error message:

In c:\users\davidcole\dashboards\my
tests\activizinstallers\vtksource-prefix\src\vtksource\common\vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx,
line 144
vtkShortArray (06EDCFC0): Unable to allocate 166567060 elements of size
2 bytes.

or

In c:\users\davidcole\dashboards\my
tests\activizinstallers\vtksource-prefix\src\vtksource\common\vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx,
line 144
vtkShortArray (0C765058): Unable to allocate 184549376 elements of size
2 bytes.

Of course there is enough memory on the computers to allocate such a size.

This can be reproduced at will on some computers while it will never
happen on others.

We are using Activiz 5.8.

Did you already see this message ?

Do you know why/how this happens ?