[vtkusers] Module auto-initialization problem

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed Aug 29 11:26:56 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM, David Thompson
<david.thompson at kitware.com> wrote:
> For some reason, VTK/Rendering/Matplotlib/CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingMatplotlib.cmake contains:
>
>   set(vtkRenderingMatplotlib_EXCLUDE_FROM_WRAPPING 1)
>
> which appears to prevent client-server wrapping and thus, in turn, auto-initialization of the object factory in the application. Is there a reason for this?
>
>> I know David Lonie is working on this, perhaps he has already hit this issue? I can help debug the autoinit stuff if that doesn't seem to be working.
>
> I bugged him about this before spamming the list, but perhaps he'll know about the matplotlib wrapping exclusion.

I haven't gotten to try out matplotlib in paraview yet, but the reason
matplotlib was excluded from wrapping is because no classes in it
should be exposed in the language bindings (the mathtext classes
should be used instead). If this is preventing the module from playing
nicely with paraview it can be removed.

Dave