[vtkusers] Compiling HelloWorld and other qt based examples - vtk-5.10.0

Billy Araujo billyaraujo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:36:22 EDT 2012

I get the following link problem compiling vtk 5.10 with QT support. I
configured the project with cmake and I am using VS 2010.

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: class QImage & __thiscall QImage::operator=(class QImage &&)"
(__imp_??4QImage@@QAEAAV0@$$QAV0@@Z) referenced in function "public:
virtual void __thiscall vtkQtLabelRenderStrategy::RenderLabel(int *
const,class vtkTextProperty *,class vtkUnicodeString)"
(?RenderLabel at vtkQtLabelRenderStrategy@@UAEXQAHPAVvtkTextProperty@
@VvtkUnicodeString@@@Z)
D:\Libraries\VTK\vtk-5.10.0\Build\msvc10\Examples\Infovis\Cxx\vtkRendering.lib(vtkQtLabelRenderStrategy.obj)
HelloWorld

I got similar problem with GeovisCxxTests. I changed linking order and it
solved it.

Any ideas?