[vtkusers] Trying to use VTK library in Python Interpreter

Heidler, Kirstin (GE Oil & Gas) Kirstin.Heidler at ge.com
Wed Aug 29 03:25:10 EDT 2012

Hello Hesam,

usually if you import vtk this imports BOTH vtkCommonPython and
vtkFilteringPython.

I don't know why you want to include them separately?

The problem with vtkFilteringPython when you try to include it on it's
own sounds to me like there is no __init_ for it?

That would mean it is not supposed to be imported that way. (If you want
to include it separately you could try: from vtkFilteringPython import
*)

If you are in doubt as to what happens when you do 'import vtk' take a
look at the __init__.py.

Anyhow... whatever you are trying to do: I think both David's and my
solution would solve your problem.

Could you just give it a try and if anything is not working for you,
describe to us what you want to do?

Cheers,

Kirstin