[vtkusers] distortion of a crash helmet_which software to choose?

nana kscnana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:19:26 EDT 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,
The project I am doing is a collision process of a helmet. There are
sensors on the helmet to collect the data of the collision process. My job
is to turn the data to a 3D image. As you can see, the data is obtained
from sensors scattered around the helmet, so the data is not consistent.
Interpolation may be needed. It might be different from medical image which
the data might be consistent.

I am new in this area. I really don't know which software to choose. My
boss wants me to do an investigation on which software is suitable for this
project.

Now the software that can be potentially chosen to do the project are
listed in the following. Can some gurus or experts in this area give me
some advice?? I am eagerly waiting for your response. Please give  me some
advice on which one is the most suitable. And please tell me the strength
and the weakness of each of them. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

²VTK
²OpenGL
²3d slicer
²Ansys