[vtkusers] Vtk renders another windows apart from the qvtkwidget

32sthide 32sthide at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 10:13:07 EDT 2012

I have a little problem that i think it's easy so get a solution, but i've
come to the point of trying everything and still not working. I'm sure it
something simple, so i'm asking help as i can't figure it out on my own.

I have a qvtkwidget on the centralwidget and it has no problem.

the problem is that every time i run the program it rends another box apart
from the interface.

here's the part of my code that matters for this issue.

// Create renderer
  ren= vtkRenderer::New();
    ren->AddActor(outlineActor);
    ren->SetBackground(0.1,0.1,0.3);

// Drawing some X,Y,Z axes
  axes= vtkCubeAxesActor2D::New();
    //more stuff
    ren->AddViewProp(axes);
    ren->ResetCamera();

// Create a window for the renderer
  renWin= vtkRenderWindow::New();
    renWin->AddRenderer(ren);

// Set an user interface interactor for the render window
  iren= vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
    iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

  style = vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera::New();
    iren->SetInteractorStyle(style);

// Create a inicial camera view
vtkCamera *inicam= ren->GetActiveCamera();
  inicam->Zoom(1);
  inicam->SetViewUp(0, 0, 0);
  inicam->Azimuth(45);
  ren->ResetCameraClippingRange();

// Start the initialization and rendering
    renWin->Render();

// Assign the rendering window to the qvtkwidget
  ui->qvtkWidget->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

if someone could help me I would apreciatte.