[vtkusers] "Bus error" in application with QT/VTK on Mac OSX 10.5.8

Malsoaz James jmalsoaz at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 23 10:35:28 EDT 2012

Thank you for your answer.

A call to the method render() was producing the error. Commenting the line solved the problem.

Best.

________________________________
 De : Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
À : Malsoaz James <jmalsoaz at yahoo.fr>; vtkusers at vtk.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi 22 août 2012 18h09
Objet : Re: [vtkusers] "Bus error" in application with QT/VTK on Mac OSX 10.5.8

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:01:29 +0100, Malsoaz James said:

>I have been able to successfully build QT and VTK for Mac OSX. Simples
>examples such as displaying a sphere in a VTK scene works.
>Unfortunately for my specific application, I'm getting a "Bus error" and
>nothing is displayed.

You don't really give enough information for us to help you... what would be useful to know is: what is the backtrace at the time of the crash?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                sean at rogue-research.com
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada