[vtkusers] SphereSource as input to the TriangleFilter in a function!!!!!

tasnim hanene-jeder at hotmail.fr
Thu Aug 23 09:48:01 EDT 2012

David Doria-2-3 wrote

> I think you might be missing a line like :
>
> style->SetDefaultRenderer(renderer);
>
> (from this example:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Interaction/Picking ).
>
> When you're stuck, I'd always suggest starting with one of the
> examples (there is almost always an example very similar to what you
> are trying to do), and then modifying it to morph it into the thing
> you are trying to do.
>
> I imagine what is happening is that GetInteractor() is returning NULL
> (you should always check things for NULL if you are getting a crash).
>
> Also, when you post code, "fully compilable" means we can
> copy+paste+compile. You have not included the necessary #include
> statements for that process to work.
>
> David

I had make that line in my program (style->SetDefaultRenderer(renderer)),

David Doria-2-3 wrote

> Also, when you post code, "fully compilable" means we can
> copy+paste+compile. You have not included the necessary #include
> statements for that process to work.
 sorry, i forgot to make the #include statements and this is the full
program:
#include <vtkVersion.h>
#include <vtkSmartPointer.h>
#include <vtkSphereSource.h>
#include <vtkPolyData.h>
#include <vtkIdList.h>
#include <vtkCell.h>
#include <vtkTriangleFilter.h>
#include <vtkDataSetMapper.h>
#include <vtkActor.h>
#include <vtkRenderWindow.h>
#include <vtkRenderer.h>
#include <vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h>
#include <vtkIdTypeArray.h>
#include <vtkSelectionNode.h>
#include <vtkSelection.h>
#include <vtkExtractSelection.h>
#include <vtkProperty.h>
#include <list>
#include <vtkRendererCollection.h>
#include <vtkUnstructuredGrid.h>
#include <vtkIdTypeArray.h>
#include <vtkPolyDataMapper.h>
#include <vtkCommand.h>
#include <vtkPoints.h>
#include <vtkCellArray.h>
#include <vtkCellPicker.h>
#include <vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.h>
#include <vtkSelectionNode.h>
#include <vtkSelection.h>
#include <vtkObjectFactory.h>
#include <vtkPropPicker.h>
class MouseInteractorStyle : public vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera
 {
   public:
   static MouseInteractorStyle* New();

   MouseInteractorStyle()
   {
     selectedMapper = vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper>::New();
     selectedActor = vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();
   }

     virtual void OnLeftButtonDown(vtkSmartPointer<vtkSphereSource> sphere)
     {
                 vtkSmartPointer<vtkTriangleFilter> triangleFilter =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkTriangleFilter>::New();
   triangleFilter->SetInputConnection(sphere->GetOutputPort());
   triangleFilter->Update();

       // Get the location of the click (in window coordinates):  the
program
 is blocked here
       int* pos = this->GetInteractor()->GetEventPosition();

       vtkSmartPointer<vtkCellPicker> picker =
         vtkSmartPointer<vtkCellPicker>::New();
       picker->SetTolerance(0.0005);

       // Pick from this location
       picker->Pick(pos[0], pos[1], 0, this->GetDefaultRenderer());

       double* worldPosition = picker->GetPickPosition();
       std::cout << "Cell id is: " << picker->GetCellId() << std::endl;
           vtkIdType cellId=picker->GetCellId();
           vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdList> cellPointIds =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdList>::New();
   triangleFilter->GetOutput()->GetCellPoints(cellId, cellPointIds);

   std::list<vtkIdType> neighbors;

   for(vtkIdType i = 0; i < cellPointIds->GetNumberOfIds(); i++)
     {
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdList> idList =
       vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdList>::New();
     idList->InsertNextId(cellPointIds->GetId(i));

     //get the neighbors of the cell
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdList> neighborCellIds =
       vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdList>::New();

     triangleFilter->GetOutput()->GetCellNeighbors(cellId, idList,
 neighborCellIds);

     for(vtkIdType j = 0; j < neighborCellIds->GetNumberOfIds(); j++)
       {
       neighbors.push_back(neighborCellIds->GetId(j));
       }

     }

   std::cout << "Point neighbor ids are: " << std::endl;

   for(std::list<vtkIdType>::iterator it1 = neighbors.begin(); it1 !=
 neighbors.end(); it1++)
     {
     std::cout << " " << *it1;
     }
   std::cout << std::endl;

   vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper> sphereMapper =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper>::New();
   sphereMapper->SetInputConnection(sphere->GetOutputPort());
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> sphereActor =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();
   sphereActor->SetMapper(sphereMapper);
   sphereActor->GetProperty()->SetEdgeColor(0, 0, 0);
   sphereActor->GetProperty()->EdgeVisibilityOn();

   vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper> mainCellMapper =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper>::New();

   vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper> neighborCellsMapper =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper>::New();

   // Create a dataset with the cell of interest
   {
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdTypeArray> ids =
         vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdTypeArray>::New();
     ids->SetNumberOfComponents(1);
     ids->InsertNextValue(cellId);

     vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelectionNode> selectionNode =
       vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelectionNode>::New();
     selectionNode->SetFieldType(vtkSelectionNode::CELL);
     selectionNode->SetContentType(vtkSelectionNode::INDICES);
     selectionNode->SetSelectionList(ids);

     vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelection> selection =
         vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelection>::New();
     selection->AddNode(selectionNode);

     vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractSelection> extractSelection =
         vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractSelection>::New();
     extractSelection->SetInputConnection(0, sphere->GetOutputPort());

     extractSelection->Update();

     mainCellMapper->SetInputConnection(extractSelection->GetOutputPort());

   }

   vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> mainCellActor =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();
   mainCellActor->SetMapper(mainCellMapper);
   mainCellActor->GetProperty()->SetColor(1,0,0);

   {
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdTypeArray> ids =
         vtkSmartPointer<vtkIdTypeArray>::New();
     ids->SetNumberOfComponents(1);
     for(std::list<vtkIdType>::iterator it1 = neighbors.begin(); it1 !=
 neighbors.end(); it1++)
       {
       ids->InsertNextValue(*it1);
       }

     vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelectionNode> selectionNode =
       vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelectionNode>::New();
     selectionNode->SetFieldType(vtkSelectionNode::CELL);
     selectionNode->SetContentType(vtkSelectionNode::INDICES);
     selectionNode->SetSelectionList(ids);

     vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelection> selection =
         vtkSmartPointer<vtkSelection>::New();
     selection->AddNode(selectionNode);

     vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractSelection> extractSelection =
         vtkSmartPointer<vtkExtractSelection>::New();
     extractSelection->SetInputConnection(0, sphere->GetOutputPort());
     extractSelection->Update();

 neighborCellsMapper->SetInputConnection(extractSelection->GetOutputPort());

   }
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> neighborCellsActor =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();
   neighborCellsActor->SetMapper(neighborCellsMapper);
   neighborCellsActor->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,1,0);

this->Interactor->GetRenderWindow()->GetRenderers()->GetFirstRenderer()->AddActor(selectedActor);
       vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera::OnLeftButtonDown();

     }
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> Data;
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper> selectedMapper;
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> selectedActor;
 };
 vtkStandardNewMacro(MouseInteractorStyle);
 int main(int, char *[])
 {
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkSphereSource> sphereSource =
       vtkSmartPointer<vtkSphereSource>::New();
   sphereSource->Update();
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkTriangleFilter> triangleFilter =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkTriangleFilter>::New();
   triangleFilter->SetInputConnection(sphereSource->GetOutputPort());
   triangleFilter->Update();
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataMapper> mapper =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataMapper>::New();
   mapper->SetInputConnection(triangleFilter->GetOutputPort());
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> actor =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();
   actor->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,1,0); //green
   actor->SetMapper(mapper);
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer> renderer =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow> renderWindow =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow>::New();
   renderWindow->AddRenderer(renderer);
   vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor> renderWindowInteractor =
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor>::New();
   renderWindowInteractor->SetRenderWindow(renderWindow);
   renderWindowInteractor->Initialize();
   vtkSmartPointer<MouseInteractorStyle> style =
     vtkSmartPointer<MouseInteractorStyle>::New();
   style->SetDefaultRenderer(renderer);
   style->OnLeftButtonDown(sphereSource);
   renderWindowInteractor->SetInteractorStyle(style);
   renderer->AddActor(actor);
   renderer->ResetCamera();
   renderer->SetBackground(0,0,1); // Blue
   renderWindow->Render();