[vtkusers] Display mesh with attributes

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 07:34:23 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Agata Krasoń <agatakrason at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>

> Thanks for reply and all very helpfull informations ;)
>
> I have a problem with vtkDelimitedTextReader
>
> I have a method ReadCardFile(const char* filename)
> I need to have possibility to read first file *.txt (mesh without
> attributes)
> and after if it is necessary read file csv with attributes and add to this
> mesh(I have already load in txt file).
>
> I created a method and I received an error like this :
>
>  error: undefined reference to `vtkDelimitedTextReader::New()

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

This is a linker error saying that you have not linked to vtkInfovis
(or whatever the library is called), so you either do not have
VTK_USE_INFOVIS turned on in your VTK build, or you have not setup
your linker correctly (it is as easy as
target_link_libraries(yourProgram ${VTK_LIBRARIES})
if you're using CMake (as you should be :) ).

David