[vtkusers] probe vtk6 installation for AUTOINIT values

Trevor Irons trevorirons at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 18:09:08 EDT 2012

I suppose this is a CMake question, but it pertains to VTK, so I apologize
if it is not the right place to ask this.

Is there any way to probe an existing VTK 6  installation for the AUTOINIT
string that is used during compilation. For instance on my local machine,
these define statements are necessary

-DvtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT="3(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL,vtkRenderingOpenGL)"
-DvtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT="1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL)"

But hard coding these values will clearly not be portable. If anyone has
found a solution to this I'd appreciate any ideas. For what it's worth, I'm
using SCons instead of CMake to build a library which can use an existing
VTK installation. So it is possible to parse through files, but not simply
grab CMake variables (that I know of at least).

Thanks for any ideas.

-- Trevor