[vtkusers] How to use vtkAngleWidget only once ?

yarram somasekhar.vit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:54:55 EDT 2012

Here is my code that is placed in MouseMoveEvent of callback class:

if(this->readyAngle == 1)
	{
		vtkSmartPointer<vtkAngleRepresentation2D> rep =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkAngleRepresentation2D>::New();
		rep->ArcVisibilityOff();

		vtkSmartPointer<vtkAngleWidget> angleWidget =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkAngleWidget>::New();
		angleWidget->SetRepresentation(rep);
		angleWidget->SetInteractor(iren);
		angleWidget->CreateDefaultRepresentation();

		angleWidget->On();

		iren->Start();
	}

And I use the following code to deactivate the widget in
LeftButtonReleaseEvent:

if(this->readyAngle == 1)
{
	angleWidget->Off();
        this->readyAngle = 0;
}

And the variable "this->readyAngle" equal to 1, when a button is pressed.
The widget is working only when the last statement "iren->Start();" is used.
And I want to deactivate the widget immediately after I use the widget for
first time. Please help me.