[vtkusers] CMake fails VTK not Found

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Fri Apr 27 18:48:59 EDT 2012

CMake 2.8.4 Reports:

CMake Error at D:/Program Files/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindVTK.cmake:135 (MESSAGE):

  VTK not found.  Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory

  containing VTKConfig.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree, or

  PREFIX/lib/vtk for an installation.  For VTK 4.0, this is the location of

  UseVTK.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree or

  PREFIX/include/vtk for an installation.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

=====

To resolve this issue, I guess I should  go into some file that contsins the
VTK_DIR cmake cache entry.

Which file?

In this file, I should locate the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry and change it.

What does this entry look like?

On my system I found 6 files named VTKConfig.cmake. - all on my D Drive
Do I need to change one or all of them .
My guess would be to change something in the one found in
D:\MyProjects\VTKCVSBin

Help is appreciated.

Bob