[vtkusers] X Error: BadWindow, vtk5.8.0, Qt4.6.2

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Apr 26 17:44:39 EDT 2012

You can mix debug and release of Qt or VTK on Linux and be just fine.
To debug this, I would suggest you set a breakpoint in _XError() and run your
app with the -sync option.  QApplication will see the -sync, and set it up so
that every X call will be synchronized with the X server and errors reported
immediately.  It'll stop at the code that causes the error, instead of some
time later in some irrelevant code.

Clint

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 01:57:32 pm John Platt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I haven't been able to make any progress on this. A earlier port using
> vtk-5.4.2 gave no such errors. Is it likely to come from mixing release
> vtk with debug Qt? Any help much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John.

Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc