[vtkusers] About vtkPoints::InsertPoint()

Wenlong scc.wwl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:23:10 EDT 2012

Hi, David & Jothy

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, I use x[2] = 3. That was a mistyping.

I call vtkPoints->InsertPoint(1, x) without SetNumberOfComponents() in my
previous application with Windows Vista & Visual Studio 2008 on another PC.
It works. But as I call it in my current application with Windows 7 & Visual
Studio 2008, the error pops up. I'm not sure if this is caused by different
OS.

A demo code #1 is like this

{
    vtkPoints* points = vtkPoints::New();
    float x[3];
    x[0] = 0;
    x[1] = 1;
    x[2] = 2;
    points->InsertPoint(0, x);          //where the access conflict happens
}

Another demo code #2 is

{
    vtkGenericDataObjectReader* reader = vtkGenericDataObjectReader::New();
    reader->SetFileName("C:\\Users\\Wenlong\\Desktop\\surface.vtk");
//where the access conflict happens
    reader->OpenVTKFile();
    reader->Update();
}

The same access conflict happens when the vtkGenericDataObjectReader
instance try to get to the .vtk file. I check the file and it does exist and
it is not occupied by any other program.

I don't understand why this is happening cause I set the including
directories and libraries as necessary.

Thank you very much for your kindly help.

Best regards
Wenlong