[vtkusers] About vtkPoints::InsertPoint()

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 09:49:16 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Robert Maynard
<robert.maynard at kitware.com> wrote:
> To be extra clear, you are trying to insert a point into unallocated memory.
> Before calling SetPoint you need to first specify
> the number of points you want stored with the call SetNumberOfPoints.

Robert,

Hm, actually after reading the description:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPoints.html#ab7f990c73fb291737abe4203994ce2a2

it sounds like what he was doing originally with InsertPoint(n,x)
should work? I've never used this function, but it sounds like you
would NOT have to call SetNumberOfPoints prior to using InsertPoint
(unlike using SetPoint). Is that correct? If so, I guess Wenlong's
originally question stands? Wenlong - can you make a minimal working
example that demonstrates your problem on one OS and not the other?

David