[vtkusers] About vtkGenericDataObjectReader::SetFileName

Wenlong scc.wwl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:08:10 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I am trying to using vtk with MFC. I'd like to open my vtk file with
vtkGenericDataObjectReader instance.

Here is what I do

vtkGenericDataObjectReader* reader = vtkGenericDataObjectReader::New();
reader->SetFileName("C:\\Users\\Wenlong\\Desktop\\surface.vtk");
//Error!!!
reader->OpenVTKFile();
reader->Update();

The building process is ok. However, as I try to run the program, an error
happens at the second line which says there is an access conflict. I check
the file and make sure that no other programs occupy the file and the file
does exist.

How can I solve this problem?

Many thanks.
Wenlong